On this solo album (1998), Roine Stolt deals with the water themes. "Hydrophonia" is a purely instrumental album in the style of Flower Kings, Frank Zappa and other traditional prog and symph acts like Steve Hackett and Jan Ackerman.
It is a guitar album but full of progressive arrangements, captivating melodies and characteristic Stoltian guitar leads, solos & riffs.
Ever dreamt of a TFK album that had no vocal, ever wanted to tell Roine to shut the f-ck up and just play guitar? well this is it.
Jaime Salazar and Ulf Wallander (The Flower Kings) on drums and saxophone, Stolt on mean guitar, keyboards and bass.
- Cosmic Lodge (7:13)
- Shipbuilding (5:51)
- Little Cottage By The Sea (4:55)
- Wreck of HMS Nemesis (11:55)
- Bizarre Seahorse Sex Attack (6:00)
- Oceanna Baby Dolphin (3:26)
- Nuclear Nemo (6:27)
- Hydrophonia (6:11)
- Lobsterland Groove (6:19)
- Seafood Kitchen Thing (9:25)